Sunday, January 15, 2012

These Days

Only 15 days into the new year and I’ve come close to breaking two of my New Year Resolutions, blogging and writing, but I have a good excuse. My life is comfortably lacking drama these days so that leaves little to blog about. I am also content these days. Talent plus pain and angst are the bones of good writing. I have a wonderful niece by marriage who proves that because when love goes awry in her life, she writes beautiful poetry. I loved too much when young and endured the pain of loss. I wrote then too though not as beautifully as she does. I am at that stage of my life now when I no longer crave a romantic relationship.

These days my main squeeze is Petie Pie, a one-eyed dog that stole my heart over a year ago. He doesn’t care if I have no makeup on, or if my clothes match or if I have thinning fly-away hair. He loves me as I am.

I was asked yesterday by a newbie to the 60’s if I was enjoying them, the 60’s. I said no. After writing this, I realize I was wrong. I am enjoying my 60’s. I have a full life with my son, my friends, my job and my beloved pups. My health is good. I pretty much do exactly what I want when I want. I have all that I need and most of what I want. I miss not writing these days though and want that back into my life – minus the pain and angst of youth. So maybe I substitute wisdom or humor instead? Build up new writing bones with exercise? I just hope it won’t be as painful as the pushups and crunches that I do at my exercise classes I go to to build up my real bones these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers