Sunday, June 17, 2012

It's Electrifying

It's a rainy Sunday afternoon. I've cleaned house (in my style which is tackle one room until you drop and the heck with the others), have the washing machine doing its thing, and I'm relaxing with my pups. Well, my body is relaxed but the mind is busy thinking of having to get ready for work tomorrow while reviewing the past week at work. I tend to multi-think as well as multi-task which should explain why things tend to come out of my mouth not quite in their proper order.


I'm trying to do this thing called aging with grace and style. I'm reading everything I can about how to do it the right way. Right now I'm reading The Last Gift of Time - Life Beyond Sixty which is a great book. In it the author, Carolyn G. Heilbrun talks of knowing when it's the right time to retire. I've probably hung in the work world a tad bit too long (is that another meaning of getting long in the tooth? lol)but when I recall last Friday afternoon with two of my BFCW's (best friend co-workers) I realize that maybe I can hang in there a little longer and maybe I'm finding my own style of aging -- without that much grace but a whole lot of fun.


At least I did this past Friday afternoon. Let me set the scene for you. The bosses are all gone. My office is at the end of the hall with a glass door. J has come into my office to help me watch the clock turn 4:30. Then D drops in. Her Friday has been much more stressful than ours and she's losing control, she says. I have no idea how the subject came up but within minutes of "what was that song" and a click to YouTube, we three were singing and moving to "You Are the One I Want" from the movie, Grease. It was electrifying! We didn't lose total control until D came in right on time and the beat with, "o, o, oo." The singing stopped and the giggles took over.

Was it a pretty sight? Ya betcha. Three grown women feeling 16 again! And looking it! Amazing how wrinkles and stress can be erased with good memories, singing, dancing and laughing. Maybe I'm on to the fountain of youth! If not, it's a good start and a great way to end a stressful work week. Hum, wonder what song we can do next Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers